Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Soulful Look Inward

Many years ago there was a Wall Street Banker whose rapid rise to success in the industry was a puzzling mystery to many since he had little formal education.

When asked the secret to his success, he replied he owed it to just one thing:

"Every Saturday night, my family knows to leave me alone. I reflect back on my week and ask myself a series of questions. I feel so strongly about the power of this that nothing other than a catastrophe or death can stop me."


A powerful interrogation, no doubt! Yet, surprisingly the questions were as simple as:

  • What did I do well?
  • What didn't I do well?
  • How can I improve on that?
  • What steps did I take towards my dreams?

He said that more often than not, he'd come away from this soul-searching quite displeased with himself.

Yet this weekly self-imposed report card propelled him into a world he would otherwise never have participated in.

His story inspired me to create my own soulful look inward...My Nightly Reflection. I am now creating my dream life.

And you?...what keeps you moving towards your dreams?

1 comment:

Mainz 75 KM said...

I just did it! I asked myself these questions and answered them...Actually, I did it right here in this comment box so I could do it immediately...It's wonderful!!! I love it! It really forces you to pinpoint where you are moving forward, and also where you are idle. You call it a "self-imposed report card." So true! And it would, no doubt, if written, become a journal of our lives.